We have upped our Internet bandwidth capacity today from 500 megabits per second (MBPS) to 800 MBPS. We monitor our utilization pretty closely. Near the end of last year (November/December) we had a number of days where we saturated our 500 MBPS capacity. I requested the increased capacity in late December, and we got the new service today. As you can see by looking at the graph above, we are already tapping into it — we have quite a bit of time near or above the 600 MBPS line today. So, hopefully, this should mean better, faster service at peak times.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- 17-18 Staff Survey Results
- New Features Coming to Gmail!
- 2016-17 Technology Department Survey Results
- Iowa 1:1 Resources from GWAEA
- Friendly Disruption -- Episode 14: Daniel McNulty and Kelli Suding
- Tech Comfy vs. Tech Savvy Kids --Iowa 1 to 1 Conference Reflection
- New Features in Google Forms
- Google EDU in 90