As we start the new school year, I’m very excited to announce that Securly has rolled out a new set of features for parents. As I’ve posted in the past, all Prairie parent of students in grade 5-12 get a weekly email that summarizes their student’s online activity while using Prairie Chromebooks and MacBooks. Last spring, Securly rolled out their Parental Portal which gave parents full access to student browsing history. Starting this fall, parents of students with Prairie take-home devices will be able to adjust filtering for these devices while their child is at home. Parents will not be able to modify filtering policy while at school. But, at home, they can block categories of sites (games, social media, etc…) and they can blacklist specific websites, too. This can all be done by following the login link in the weekly student email report.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- CCSD Featured in IPTV Documentary
- Flash No Longer Supported
- Read and Write for Google Troubleshooting
- What’s the best, fastest, and safest way to back up my MacBook?
- Hapara Delayed for 2014-15 School Year
- Phishing Formative Assessment
- Collect Highlights in Read and Write for Google
- Word Prediction for Read and Write for Google
- NWEA Teacher Logins
- Teacher Profile: Ernie Cox -- How I use Twitter